Camping and Salmon Fishing in D’Entrecasteaux National Park – 5 days
April 29, 2023 - May 3, 2023Price/car
Redtrack Eco Adventure Tours – Join Dave on a 5 days Camping Adventure to D’Entrecasteaux National Park
Approximately 400 south of Perth, D’Entrecasteaux National Park is 144km’s long, 50km’s long. This huge National Park offers a unique landscape of dense forrests of tall Karri/Marri Trees, towering over the Warren, Donnelly, and Shannon Rivers. These rivers wind their way through peppermint bushes and sand dunes as they descend down to the coastal marshes to then cut their way through pristine beaches to the Indian Ocean. Redtrack Eco Adventure Tours enters this NP along 4WD tracks where most people DON’T venture, to find our remote camping spot amongst the dense forrest.
Things to see and do.
- Practice your 4WD skills and learn how to use the correct equipment to drive on beaches and sand dunes.
- Experience 4WDriving through thick Peppermint bushes and Marri/Karri Forrests down to remote beaches that extend as far as the eye can see.
- Drive through fresh running water at the mouths of the Warren and Meerup rivers.
- Dive into these rivers for a swim and explore on foot these pristine, remote, coastal Eco Systems.
- Here is your chance to catch a salmon off a remote beach during the salmon season. Cook it up the same night while it is fresh over our campfire and share amongst our fellow campers.
- Discover new campsites nestled amongst the Forrests to shelter from the wind, only 2km’s from our great fishing spot.
- Lets go for a trek in the opposite direction to the beach to explore the spectacular cliffs, water falls, and unique bays.
- If time permits lets checkout Windy Harbour, Salmon Beach, and/or go for an easy walk along a bituminized trail to Tookalup Lookout.
- Meet my very good friend and local identity Mark Hudson to learn all about the local flora and fauna.
- Take the opportunity to look at the custom work on each others vehicles or campers to see what your fellow campers have done to make camping all that much easier.
- Feel free to join in Happy Hour 5pm around our communal campfire (weather and time of year permitting) with a drink in your hand whilst we watch the sunset on another great day in this impressive National Park.
Here is your chance to catch a Salmon off a remote beach during the best part of the season as the schools of Salmon work their way up from the Southern Ocean, along the West Coast. There is no better way then catching them in the heart of one of the most beautiful National Parks in Western Australia, just 420 kms from Perth, D’Entrecasteaux National Park
Dave has managed to secure with the Parks and Wildlife service a designated, sheltered, little known Campsite in the remote southern end of the D’Entrecasteaux NP. It’s not far from the beach where we catch our salmon, yet has a drop toilet, water tank, shelter and firepit. This way we can still be very comfortable if the weather turns when we are miles from the nearest town. If you don’t own a camper Hire one of Dave’s Camper Trailers built by him in WA to GO ANYWHERE with all the features of a home away from home. This is a great way to learn how to use a camper, weaving our way through forrest’s only to be greeted by an huge expanse of soft sand, with beaches as far as the eye can see. There is nothing more satisfying than catching your own fresh fish, to then throw it onto the hot plate over the Campfire, adjacent to where you dragged it in from the ocean. The experience of doing this around sunset whilst the sky turns red, is food for the soul. How much fun it is to see the glow on your friends face when they catch their first ever Salmon, as seen in my video below. Dave is only too keen to show you how to fillet, skin and cook your salmon on the open fire. Feel free to bring your own camper or simply hire one of Dave’s Touring tents to make this tour even more affordable.
These type of camping trips are fantastic for when mates and or their sons/daughters want to take time out from a busy lifestyle and bond with each other. It makes for memorable times. Something I have been doing all my life and wouldn’t miss it for the world!
Day 1 Travel in convoy to Windy Harbour. 5 hour drive with 1/2 hour lunch stop
- Depart Camper Trailers WA 8.30am
- Lunch and toilet stop Donnybrook
- Arrive Windy Harbour 2.30pm. Make camp at Windy Harbour Campground.
- Tookulup Lookout to get a great view North of D’Entrecasteaux National park
Note: *Instead of camping at Windy Harbour we can 4WD to our main Campsite in D’Entrecasteaux NP and change this Itinerary shown above, if there is consensus amongst our Group? Extra half hour drive depending on the weather!
DAY 2 Make Camp at Campsite in D’Entrecasteaux NP
- 4WD to main campsite in D’Entrecasteaux NP
- Make Camp and set up campers
- 4WD to Malimup Beach and Salmon fishing
- Cooking salmon, drinking and chatting around campfire at sunset
DAY 3 Salmon Fishing
- 4WD to Malimup Beach
- Salmon fishing
- Cooking Salmon on a camp fire at sunset on Malimup Beach if weather permits.
- 4WD back to our campsite
DAY 4 Salmon fish and trek/explore bays/beaches
- Salmon fishing
- Trek/explore bays and beaches
- Cooking, drinking and chatting around campfire
DAY 5 Depart for Perth 10am
Toilets are available at Windy Harbour if needed when we depart for Perth
We will be Totally Independent campers and self sufficient when camping on Malimup Beach
Link to MAP and Brochure on our Windy Harbour Camp Ground
On payment of the 25% deposit receive a fully comprehensive INFORMATION PACKAGE to help you get organized for this Adventure Camping Tour. This has been put together with over 40 years experience and will include the following via a Google shared link, emailed to you.
- Itinerary and tour description
- Camping Information and Checklist sheet to tick off
- Summary of Hired Equipment sheet to tick off
- Participant Medical History sheet to complete
- Information on how to apply for a National Park Pass online
- Sheet with all the names of the participants, their mobile phone numbers, and Convoy Position
- Convoy Etiquette
- Maps of the local area and National parks
- Any additional day Tours included in the itinerary
- Redtrack Tours Terms and Conditions to sign
- Folders full of pictures TITLED :-
Camping Equipment & Accessories
Communal Cooking and Meal suggestions
Hire Eureka Offroad Camper Trailer
Pictures of our Tour
D’Entrecasteaux National Park
Total Tour Cost (per car)
If hiring a camper:
Pick up of the Hire Camper
Number of Days of Hire
25% deposit to book tourFull payment due 60 days prior departure
Read the Terms & Conditions. Payment of the tour deposit represents an acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
Secure your participation on this trip by paying the deposit now.
Do you want to be a Passenger in Dave’s New 4WD 200 series Landcruiser. Lets chat about the cost for this option.