- This event has passed.
Explore Karijini National Park, camping at Stations along the way – 10 days
September 3, 2021 - September 12, 2021Price/car
Explore Karijini National Park
Karijini National Park (1400 kms from Perth ) is probably the most unique, spectacular landscape in Western Australia. I worked for two years in Newman and Tom Price located to the East and West respectively of the Hamersley Ranges in which this NP is located. So many of my weekends where used to explore the numerous deep gorges, water falls and pools in the area.
Now I want to share my knowledge of the area with my fellow campers. We will trekking to the bottom of these gorges and then exploring them by paddling on air mattresses to get along the many pools. You will be able to experience these gorges in tranquil settings all to yourselves without being surrounded by other tourists. The date chosen for this trip is the week before the school holidays.
Karijini National Park is a vast wilderness area in the Hamersley Range of Western Australia. In the park’s north, Oxer Lookout has views of the Weano, Red, Hancock and Joffre gorges. At the edge of Weano Gorge, a trail leads to Handrail Pool. To the east are the red rocks of Dales Gorge and the cascades of Fortescue Falls. Indigenous wildlife includes Australian goshawks, ring-tailed dragons and desert tree frogs. Dale gorge has three major attractions: Fortescue Falls, the Circular Pool and Fern Pool are prefect for a day’s trip. The Dales (Fortescue) camp ground is close by. Savanah campsite is the most well-equipped campsite with showers, toilets and a tavern. From the campsite you can trek down to the bottom of Joffre gorge to be amazed by the shear size and unique beauty of Joffre falls. The trek is well marked but make sure you take a backpack, camera, towel, drinking water, food, and an inflatable mattress that can be used to paddle rather than swim in the cold water.
Things to See and Do
- Dales Gorge – At Dales Gorge you can experience three major highlights of Karijini National Park and Australia’s Pilbara region.
- Karijini Visitor Centre: The visitor centre is a fascinating part of any visit to Karijini National Park.
- Oxer lookout that overlooks the junction of Handcock, Joffre and Weano gorge.
- Joffre Gorge – Joffre Gorge is a stunning natural amphitheatre with a spectacular curved seasonal waterfall.
- Travelling along the Great Northern Highway
- 1st Night Ninghan Station, $15/N/Person
- 2nd Night Gascoyne Middle Branch,
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, Nights Karijini National Park $20/N/Person
- 6th Night Cheela Plains Station $15/N/Person
- Travelling south along the Northwest Coastal Hwy
- 7th Night Emu Creek Station $15/N/Person
- 8th Night Wooramel Station $15/N/Person
- 9th Night Murchinson Station $15/N/Person
- RETURN PERTH 10th Day
Karijini National Park
Total Tour Cost (per car)
S140 Total per person approx.
If hiring a camper:
Pick up of the Hire Camper
Number of Days of Hire
25% deposit to book tour
Read the Terms & Conditions. Payment of the tour deposit represents an acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
Secure your participation on this trip by paying the deposit now.
Do you want to be a Passenger in Dave’s New 4WD 200 series Landcruiser. Lets chat about the cost for this option.