Baxter Cliffs. The start of the Great Australian Bight
February 13, 2023 - February 20, 2023Price/car
Redtrack Eco Adventure Tours – Join Dave on a 10 day Camping Adventure to Baxter Cliffs
Things to see and do:-
- Checkout Esperance which is very picturesque and top up with supplies prior to departure.
- 4WD and camp in very remote places miles from civilization.
- Explore , trek up huge sand dunes to find stunning, panoramic views of the Great Southern Ocean, along a beach that stretches as far as the eye can see.
- Catch ya self a salmon to cook up over a campfire that night to share amongst our fellow campers. Dave will show you how!
- Simply relax and do nothing after setting up our main campsite. OR join us in convoy to go exploring or fishing. You are not obliged! The Itinerary that is NOT hard and fast, but relaxing.
- Feel free to join in Happy Hour 5pm most days around our communal fire (weather and time of the year permitting) with a drink in your hand whilst we watch the sunset over our beach.
- Drive or walk up the escarpment to get that perfect view of the Great Australian Bight.
- Visit the old ruins of the Old Telegraph Station at Israelite Bay to find out more about the history of this place that time has forgot.
- Drive past the huge salt lakes as we enter the Nuystland Nature Reserve on the way to our main Campsite.
- Go for an easy walk at the base of Baxter Cliffs to get that awesome view looking up 100 metres.
- Go for a swim as it is summer.
- Past the time away with reading a good book or join in with the group with a game of Fink on the beach.
- Take the opportunity to look at the custom work on each other’s vehicles or campers to see what your fellow campers have done to make camping all that much easier.
10 days Baxter Cliffs
- Departing Esperance 13 February 2023 – returning Esperance 22 February 2023
- Travelling along Fisheries Road last stop for fuel Condingup 70kms Campsite Point Malcolm 3 hours from Esperance.
- Lunch at Old Telegraph Station Israelite Bay. Drive along coastal scrub, salt flats, then drive 85 km’s along beach with stop at Bilbunya Dunes. Keeping an eye out for wildlife, Flotsam and Jetsam.
- MAIN Campsite days 3-8 at the base of Wylie Escarpment close to Baxter Cliffs.
- Lay Day, beach combing.
- Leisurely Trek at the base of Baxter Cliffs and lunch on the beach.
- Fishing and lunch on beach
- Trek up Wylie Escarpment for view at the top of Baxter Cliffs
- Drive and trek to Bilbunya Dunes
- Lay Day and getting ready to leave
- Drive back the same way we came, 85 kms to Israelite Bay. Camping near Israelite Bay OR
- Drive up the escarpment in the opposite direction to get that view to die for over the whole area. Travelling back to perth via Balladonia on the Eyre Hwy.
On payment of the 25% deposit receive a fully comprehensive INFORMATION PACKAGE to help you get organized for this Adventure Camping Tour. This has been put together with over 40 years experience and will include the following via a Google shared link, emailed to you.
- Itinerary and tour description
- Camping Information and Checklist sheet to tick off
- Summary of Hired Equipment sheet to tick off
- Participant Medical History sheet to complete
- Information on how to apply for a National Park Pass online
- Sheet with all the names of the participants, their mobile phone numbers, and Convoy Position
- Convoy Etiquette
- Maps of the local area and National parks
- Any additional day Tours included in the itinerary
- Redtrack Tours Terms and Conditions to sign
- Folders full of pictures TITLED :-
Camping Equipment & Accessories
Communal Cooking and Meal suggestions
Hire Eureka Offroad Camper Trailer
Pictures of our Tour
Tour Dates departing and returning from Esperance
Total Tour Cost (per car)
If hiring a camper:
Pick up of the Hire Camper
Number of Days of Hire
25% deposit to book tour
Read the Terms & Conditions. Payment of the tour deposit represents an acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
Secure your participation on this trip by paying the deposit now.
Do you want to be a Passenger in Dave’s New 4WD 200 series Landcruiser. Lets chat about the cost for this option.